ISAE-ENSMA is entitled to award PhDs since the 2008 reform. It is co-accredited with the other institutions of the Leonard de Vinci COMUE (University of Poitiers, University of Limoges, ISAE-ENSMA) in two doctoral schools:
- SISMI (Sciences and Engineering of Systems, Mathematics and Computer Science), led by the University of Limoges
- SIMME (Sciences and Engineering of Materials, Mechanics and Energy), managed by ISAE-ENSMA.
The school delivers the degree in the following scientific fields :
- Mechanics of solids, materials, structures and surfaces
- Mechanics of fluid media
- Energetics, heat and combustion
- Computer Science and Applications
These fields are perfectly in line with the school’s strategic areas of research and correspond to the research themes developed in its two laboratories (P’ Institute and LIAS laboratories).